quality standards are among the highest of all jewelers. At Blue Nile, shopping is risk-free because you've come directly to the finest loose diamonds and jewelry available. Blue Nile
use only the finest materials to create jewelry with exceptional craftsmanship.
As the leading online diamond retailer, Blue Nile
offers the largest collection of the world's finest cut diamonds. Pre-selected for exceptional quality, the cut, color, and clarity of Blue Nile
loose diamonds are evaluated based on a standardized grading scale. Also, each loose diamond is accompanied by a grading report from either GIA or AGSL, independent diamond grading labs with the most stringent grading scales of all labs. [ Source: www.bluenile.com ]
The GIA and AGSL are the two most widely respected authorities on diamonds, so Blue Nile
only offers diamonds with grading reports from these laboratories. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) set the standard for diamond grading and gemological identification, and their grading system serves as the international gem and jewelry industry's benchmark credentials. This report describes the following:
- Shape and Cutting Style The diamond shape and cutting style.
- Measurement The diamond dimensions in millimeters.
- Weight Weight of diamond listed to the nearest hundredth of a carat.
- Depth Depth (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Table Table facet (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Girdle Range of girdle thickness.
- Culet Appearance of culet facet.
- Finish Grades of polish and symmetry.
- Clarity Clarity grade determined under 10x magnification.
- Clarity Plot A map of the approximate size, type, and position of inclusions as viewed under a microscope.
- Color Grade of color.
- Fluorescence Color, and strength of color when diamond is viewed under UV light.
- Comments Description of additional diamond characteristics not mentioned in the report.